By Nneoma N.
With so many beauty blogs available these days, it’s quite difficult to find what you’re looking for, especially in this crowded blogosphere where new blogs are sprouting every 2 seconds. Well, never fear for we’ve done the hard search and are bringing you 15 bloggers and blogs you should be subscribing to.
These bloggers have created a large loyal following by consistently updating their blogs, providing useful makeup tutorials and expert beauty tips.
So in no particular order- here are the top 15 black beauty bloggers.
- Patrick Grell Yursik of Afrobella: when Patrice Grell decided to create a blog to cater to big,curvy,natural hair African-american women,what she didn’t anticipate was a worldwide following. Dubbed the godmother of brown beauty blogging, Patrice Grell has revolutionized the way curvy, African-american women are seen. With her own lip gloss range(which sold out in a week) and enviable contracts with Urban Decay and Lancome, Patrice Grell has become a force to be reckoned.
- Miss Ellarie: Ellarie is a makeup artist and beauty blogger who gives the best tips and tricks through her makeup videos. Not only are her tutorials easy to follow,there’s so much content on her blog that it’s organized into different categories to find exactly what you’re looking for. But can we just talk about how adorable her mini-me Zara is? *sigh*. Zara@yoshidoll has her own channel in her mums blog where she dishes fashion as well as her hair tips.
- Jackie Aina of Makeupgameonpoint: if you spend time on social media, chances are you’ve come across makeup artist Jackie Aina. From spray-dyeing her hair to pulling off brightly hued lipclours, Jackie Aina is going against everything women of color are told not to do and recreating her own rules. Her blog(makeupgameonpoint) features a mix of celebrity inspired looks, product reviews, whats trendy or trashy, and video blogs as well.
- Danielle Grey of the Style and beauty doctor: New-york based beauty expert Danielle Grey is the pretty face behind the style and beauty doctor. If you’re in need of expert advice or unbiased reviews on products you’re having second thoughts on, the style and beauty doctor is your best bet.
- Tia Williams of Shake your beauty: Best selling author,former beauty editor, and full-time mommy to lina lina bobina; Tia Williams is your provincial Jack of all trades but master of all. You can catch up with her on her blog where she delivers the 411 on what’s hot or not in a witty yet authoritative manner.
- Shirley B.Eniang of Shirley’s wardrobe: Beautiful, fashion forward and intelligent (she’s a mathematics graduate); say hello to self-confessed beauty addict Shirley B.Eniang. Known for her chic, feminine styles, this african blogger is constantly snatching the hearts of millions worldwide with her channel where she blogs on regular skincare regime and beauty hauls.
- Erin Baynham of Scandalous beauty: Beauty and lifestyle blogger, social media specialist ; these are some of the feathers on Erin Baynham’s cap. Her blog scandalous beauty is your ultimate source for getting the latest scoop on beauty news, product reviews and blogging tips.
- Franchesa of heyfranhey : Queen of DIY, fitness guru and nutrition expert, these are some of the reasons we love Fran. If you’re all about living life on a holistic lane, heyfranhey is your one-stop destination. With a love for healthy living, Franchesa is spilling the tea on all things beauty, haircare and fitness tips with a bohemian twist.
- Stephanie Lee of Beautybylee: first off, this beauty maven needs no introduction, if you’re a regular visitor to blogsville,with over a million online followings, Stephanie has religiously remained one of our fave makeup artist to watch.
- Keisha of Makeupdoll: If you don’t know who makeup doll is, there’s a fairly good chance you’ve been living under a rock. LA freelance makeup artist Keisha is easily one of the best out there. Her beauty tutorials are always fun to watch.
- Patricia Bright: Patricia bright offers you a sneak peek into her “bright” world where she shares her beauty and skincare tips. When she’s not traveling around the world with husband/photographer mike, you will surely catch her on her vlog channel sharing not just product reviews and tutorials, but also inspirational and self-help videos.
- Destiny Godley: There are millions of reasons we are obsessed with Destiny Godley. Not just because she uses very affordable makeup brands to create her signature flawless looks, but because she’s so chill and humble, did I also mention that her beauty advices are always spot-on? Rumour has it that she’s got one of the hottest bodies and we couldn’t agree more.
- Carmen, Toni and India of my natural sisters: WARNING: This blog is highly addictive. Biological sisters Carmen, Toni and India are the brains behind my natural sisters. From hair tips and tricks to beauty tutorials and fitness and health advice, these sisters cover an array of topics that will have you trolling their archives for more.
- Ty Alexander of gorgeous in grey: Ty is an expert beauty and lifestyle editor, social media consultant and style and beauty TV correspondent. Known for hers gorgeous grey tresses, Ty has been featured in many mainstream publication. Her blog gorgeous in grey chronicles her hair journey.
- Eileen Dautruche of miss whoever you are: creator of miss whoever you are blog, Eileen gives very thorough tutorials on makeup and hair products. Her tutorials are simple,easy to understand and fun. I also love the fact that she is not afraid to show her weakness in form of failed makeup acts. If you’re looking for some down to earth, humorous blog,miss whoever you are is your best bet.