In case you’re not aware, we’re in Harmattan Season. The weather is cold, dusty and dry, which means your regular moisturizer is just not cutting it.
So what are you to do now?
Below are the Dos and Don’ts of Harmattan Skincare
– Do replace your bath sponge with a soft washcloth, the roughness of your regular sponge can be irritating to the skin during this period.
– Don’t use products with alcohol such as toners, alcohol strips away the skin’s natural oils
– Do apply moisturizer while skin is wet to lock in moisture. Moisture is the key to surviving the this DRY season.
– Don’t bathe with Hot water, as this can cause extra dryness on the skin, tepid water is best
– Do increase the moisture levels of your favourite moisturizers by adding glycerin or oil.
– Don’t forget to take care of your hair and scalp during this period, be sure to condition and give yourself Hot oil treatments.
-Do hydrate internally by drinking lots of water
– Don’t forget to try a moisturizing facial masque treatment like Avocado + Honey. Mix ingredients until you create a paste and apply to face, leave on for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water and moisturize afterwards.
– Do take care of your lips as they tend to dry and get chapped easily. Be sure to use lip balms with Vitamin E