Is ACNE stopping you from achieving the skin of your dreams? Want to know how to fight and get rid of Acne flare ups?
Then it’s important you understand the ingredients that work to combat this chronic skin inflammation.
Did you know that the tendency for dead skin cells to stick to your skin and hair follicles is known as Retention Hyperkeratosis, a condition that is genetic. In fighting ACNE, you are doing several things at once, all in a bid to stop the skin from producing a favorable environment, in which the ACNE can form.
Steps to fighting ACNE
- Unclog plugged Hair follicles
- Kill the P.Acnes bacteria that causes ACNE
- Cleanse and manage excess oil production
- Manage the skin inflammation
What ingredients help you achieve these acne killing goals?
- Chemical Exfoliants: In the form of Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide, amongst others. This is why it is great to use a cleanser that contains any of these ingredients, because this is the first step to clearing your skin. Chemical exfoliants aid the skin in breaking down dead skin cells.
- Enzymatic Exfoliants: You’ve heard that paw-paw can brighten the skin but do you know why? PawPaw or Papaya contains an enzyme; papain, that is known to remove dead surface cell buildup. This type of exfoliation is very mild compared to the chemical exfoliation.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzoyl Peroxide is a popular acne treatment that works by sloughing follicles and releasing oxygen inside the skin follicles that kills the Acne bacteria.
- Sulfur: Is an antibacterial agent that exfoliates dead skin cells while helping to reduce the swelling of acne lesions in skin.
- Retinoids or Vitamin A: These ingredients have the complete task of helping skin exfoliate itself from the inside out, which is why it is a popular ingredient used in anti-aging products.
When used correctly, these ingredients work synergistically to help combat current acne breakouts and prevent future occurrences.
Remember, it is not about the brand of product you use, but about the active ingredients!